Business Matters – October 2014
Welcome to the start of a new week. I hope that you are refreshed after a weekend of fantastic weather (in South East Queensland).
The year is racing away and it is less than 2 months to Christmas. If you are holding an end of year function then you may be booking the function in the near future. Please note that there are ways to package work place events and functions to maximise the tax benefits. Please contact us for more information.
Deadline – 31 October 2014
If you do not have a tax agent then you will most likely need to lodge your tax return for the year ended 30 June 2014 by the 31st of October 2014 (Friday!).
The good news is that the lodgement deadline can be extended by many months if you require more time to prepare your tax return. Contact our office for more information.
This newsletter includes the following interesting articles:
- A guide to GST registration
- Dealing with annual cashflow fluctuations
- Make your business environmentally friendly
- Loss carry-back tax offset repealed
- Correctly paying superannuation
- Making a ‘Tagline’
- Keeping up with business strategies
- Identifying customer needs