2018 Tax Planning, FBT, and more!
The end of the financial year is fast approaching. Using your last 9 months of data we can estimate your tax position for the year ended 30 June 2018 allowing sufficient time to implement tax planning strategies.
Please contact our offices if you are interested in tax planning. Tax planning includes but is not limited to:
- Deferring assessable income
- Accelerating deductions
- Capital Gains Tax
- Debt & Equity implications
- Salary sacrificing
- Low income tax offsets
- Non commercial losses
- Trust distribution calculations and resolutions
- Unpaid present entitlements
- Closely held trust measures
- Family trust elections
- Division 7A
- Declaring dividends
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Research & Development grants
- Any other special circumstances you have had during the year
Happy new year (FBT)
It’s nearly time to say Happy new Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) Year. If you are similar to most other businesses then this is not a ‘happy’ event to celebrate as it often results in onerous compliance. Contact our offices if you require assistance to reduce your FBT exposure.
- Contact our offices if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you own a motor vehicle used by an employee for private purposes?
- Do you pay for personal car parking for employees?
- Do you assist employees with housing or accommodation costs?
- Did you provide a loan to, or release an employee from paying a debt?
- Did you pay expenses on behalf of an employee (eg phone, travel, etc.)?
- Do you provide entertainment (eg meals) to employees or their associates?
- Did you ever buy gifts for an employee costing more than $299?
- Did an employee salary sacrifice super contributions for a spouse?
- This newsletter includes the following interesting articles:
- Staying ahead of the game in 2018
- Business Relationships
- Wellbeing & business management
- Leading change and driving profit
- Goal-setting for your business
- Stretching money further
- Hiring the right staff